By joining the GCLS you will be part of an exciting, dynamic community of authors, readers, publishers, and booksellers. Take part in discussions with your favorite authors, keep up to date on the state of lesbian literature, attend the annual GCLS conference where you can mingle with all of the best and brightest lesbian authors, readers, and supporters. Help ensure a vibrant present and future for lesbian publishing.
Membership entitles you to several benefits, including:
- The opportunity to meet and communicate with a large family of writers and readers of lesbian literature
- Access to Restricted Information on the GCLS website. For example:
- Preferred pricing on most events
- Opportunities to provide input regarding various activities or planning
- Opportunities to serve on committees and sub-committees
- The opportunity to serve on the Board, by election or appointment
- The GCLS Yahoo group
By joining the Golden Crown Literary Society you will be supporting:
- Writers of lesbian literature
- Recognition and awards for significant writing achievements
- Greater understanding and promotion of lesbian literature
- Events that showcase lesbian literature
Benefits to member readers include:
- The opportunity to meet and communicate with your favorite writers
- The opportunity to meet and friend other readers of lesbian literature
- The opportunity to support your favorite authors
Benefits to member writers include:
- Research resources: access to members willing to offer their knowledge and expertise as content experts, in a broad range of subject matter - from Washington politics to police procedure to science and space.
- Access to volunteer beta readers
- Educational opportunities
- Connections with other writers for ideas, support, and networking at GCLS events, on our Yahoo List, and at our Conference.
- Information about entering writing contests for awards and prizes
Benefits to member publishers, bookstore owners, and industry insiders include:
- Recognition for your publishing company, bookstore, or distribution outlet when you participate in our Annual Conference.
- The opportunity to network, discover new talent, and support other small lesbian presses, booksellers, and stores.
- Connections with other writers, editors, booksellers, and publishers for ideas, support and networking.