1. Who can join the GCLS?
Anybody can join who enjoys and/or supports lesbian literature.
2. Is the GCLS only for lesbians?
No, we welcome everyone interested in lesbian literature.
3. How much does it cost to join?
Currently, membership dues are only $20 per year. Ready to join? Click here!
4. How long has the GCLS been around?
Since February, 2004.
5. How often and where is the conference?
The GCLS Conference is held annually each July. In 2014 it’s planned for Portland; 2015 in New Orleans; and 2016 in Washington DC (specifically, in Alexandria, VA).
6. Is membership required for attendance at the conference or webinars?
No, anyone can attend the conference or webinars. Members do receive preferred pricing - this is a benefit of being a member.
7. What does membership get me ?
Membership helps to cover some of our costs, and we try to keep the cost of membership down so as not to limit who has the ability to join. As a member you:
- are granted access to our GCLS Yahoo Group
- are granted access to the membership pages on our website, which provides you with many things from the quarterly Newsletter, to access to author resources, or opportunities to be a resource for authors in your area of expertise.
- receive preferred pricing for the Conference and any other GCLS hosted events.
- have access to a directory of other members, which includes information about whether people are willing to be beta readers, resources to our authors, etc.
- have the opportunity to apply for scholarships to attend the Conference
- And many more benefits - especially for authors.